NEW BEGINNERS SQUARE DANCE CLASS
First Class is Free
Proof of Vaccination Required Please.
THE DANCING STARS SQUARE DANCE CLUB
- Garden Grove, Orange County, California, USA
- Classes: Woman's Civic Club of Garden Grove, 9501 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove
- Square dancing and lessons all year long
We offer lessons in learning how to dance every Monday evening in Garden Grove.
Our club is a non-profit organization run by volunteers; therefore the cost of learning to square dance is quite small.
Caller: Jim Smith
Why we square dance.
- Square dancing is not a normal dance activity like other dance formats that are seen in the media.
We learn a number of figures that are used by the dance "Caller" who leads the activity. The result is a mental challenge because we don't know the order the caller is going to use. The caller will choose music that fits the type of style he needs.
This makes the square dance FUN; makes it entertaining and exercises the brain.
- A typical evening square dance (3 hours) has been shown to offer exercise equal to 3-5 miles of walking.
It is a lot more fun that going to a gym or using a treadmill.
- Learning To Square Dance:
- Singles are welcome; partners are available.
It takes about 3-4 months to learn all the figures needed when attending regular club square dances.
- To satisfy your curiosity you may call us at:
- 949-254-3602 or check out www.asquared.org
- or send us a message
President: Rivonne Alsted - 949-254-3602
We will be happy to answer your questions.